Monday, October 6, 2008

Fever & Admission


Griffin's weekend was spent in the Children's Memorial Hospital after he developed a fever. Griffin's temperature started at 100.9 and began creeping up to 104.7. The high temperatures guaranteed a visit to the Emergency Room. Jon and Gretchen did not delay transporting Griffin. By the time Griffin was 101 he was en route to the hospital.

Griffin was seen in the emergency room and presented with fever and a generalized red rash on most of his body. He was in the ER for about 5-6 hours before being admitted into the isolation rooms of the oncology unit. On the floor, a number of doctors examined Griffin, and it was determined that he would need intravenous fluids and observation.

Jon and Gretchen remained at Griffin's bedside. Hudson, Kai, and Everest remained with MamaRita and Grandpoppy, and Grandma Aida. Griffin received 1 unit of a blood transfusion prior to leaving the hospital. Talking to Jon this morning he stated that Griffin slept through the night.

Please continue to pray for Griffin Maks and his family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Gretchen and Jon,

I am happy that you are home now, I am happy that Griffin's fever went away already and I will keep you in my thoughts today.

You are doing your best for Griffin, keep the faith.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Lourdeline

Unknown said...

HI Griffin,

Keep smiling my little warrior. I miss you.

Tita Lourdeline

Unknown said...

HI Griffin and Gretchen,

I am happy for you because Griffin is now in LMT. You are doing so great! Keep moving forward my friend and live one day at a time and you will wake up one day that this things are done and Griffin is fine. I love you.

LOurdeline