Friday, September 26, 2008

Update status post LP & Cytoxan

Gretchen called about 11:35 am on Thursday morning to report Griffin's LP (lumbar puncture) procedure was over. Griffin was able to get through the ordeal with no complications. His face was red all over from screaming and crying and he may have some broken facial capillaries.

Griffin had been at the Children's Memorial Day Hospital for the Cytoxan infusion. There was a tiny blip when Griffin's port-a-cath needle became disconnected while Intravenous fluids were infusing, but no harm was done. When all things were said and done the family got home about 8:00pm.

Talking to Jon last night he mentioned that Griffin enjoyed introducing all of his friends. Griffin had no reservations walking up to staff and/or patients. Griffin is a "little celebrity" over at Children's.



Griffin was up throughout the night with nausea and vomiting. A common side effect of the chemotherapy medications. Despite the administration of oral liquid Zofran (a medication for nausea and vomiting), Griffin continued to have waves of episodes and dry heaves.

Griffin's siblings are staying with grandparents and should return home by today.

Please continue to pray for Griffin and the family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Gretchen and Jon,

I love the new pics! The triplets are soooo cute!!! I can imagine how are they when they play and the house is filled with their voices.

I am happy that Griffin is doing great. Please tell him to be strong and brave in all his procedures... and he pray for Jesus, and Jesus can hear his prayers.

I will continue to pray for all of you my friend. YOU are always in my thoughts.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

LOurdeline
Pasig City, Philippines

Unknown said...

Hi Griffin,

I am sorry for the nausea...I know it is hard for you. Be strong my little warrior. I miss you.

Tital Lourdeline

Unknown said...

the pictures are supper :) I love you guys. John, your and Griffins picture looks like a art.
God bless you...I'm praying

Nellie