Monday, February 9, 2009

Griffin with Fever

Update 2/10/2009 2:20Pm

Griffin was admitted to the 4Th floor Oncology floor into an isolation room He was started on Mirapenem (antibiotic), Intravenous fluids, and continuous pulse oximetry (a measurement of oxygen saturation in the blood- basically if numbers were low then supplemental oxygen would be needed).

The doctors told Gretchen and Jon chest x-ray results showed possible mid/lower lobe infiltrate. Other differential diagnoses included atalectasis. The plan is to have Griffin go home. Gretchen and Grif are waiting for Jon to pick them up from the hospital. Griffin was also found to have an increase in his blood count which is encouraging because then he will be able to receive chemotherapy, but not until this infection is cleared.

Continue to keep Griffin in your prayers, and Thank you for your comments.




With a temperature of 103.0, Griffin is on the way to Children's Memorial Hospital. Griffin was observed to develop a 'croupy' sounding cough and doctors were immediately notified by Gretchen earlier in the day, and ordered to monitor Grif for fever. Jon and Gretchen are at Griffin's side and the rest of the Maks family are at home with MamaRita. Updates will be posted as soon as Gretchen calls back with results from the hospital. Please continue to keep Griffin and the family in your prayers.

17 comments:

michele said...

Feel better Griffin. I am praying for you.

Unknown said...

Hi Griffin,

I am praying for you. We love you from the Philippines. I miss you sweet little warrior.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Tita Lourdeline
Pasig City
Philippines

Wes said...

Hang in there and get better soon! It's too warm out to have a fever, after all!

Unknown said...

Hi Griffin,

How are you doing little warrior? Gen and Nem are wishing to see you someday.

We are praying for you.

Tita Lourdeline and family

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen and Jon,

Trust the Lord with all your understanding. Find refuge on Him. I will pray for you both.

Lourdeline

Unknown said...

hope to hear from you soon Gretchen, let me know how Griffin is doing...

Lourdeline

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen and JOn,

Always remember that there is a family here in the Philippines that is praying for you all! We love you!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen and Jon,

I just dropped by to say that I am keeping you and your whole family in our prayers. Keep fighting.

Ingat kayo dyan!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Lourdeline

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen and Jon,

No new means good news! I am claiming it in the name of Jesus!
I love you!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Lourdeline

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen and Jon,

I know it is hard for both of you this new desease of Griffin, it is difficult to see your son suffer too much. My heart breaks for you. All I can do for you is pray and pray until the Lord hears us. Hang in there and you will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

to Griffin,

How are you now? I hope you are feeling better now? Masakit pa ba tiyan mo? Gen and Nem says Kamusta ka? Be strong. We love you.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Unknown said...

Hi Griffin,

I am thinking of you. Hope that you are doing great.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Tita Lourdeline

Unknown said...

HI Griff,

You are always in our hearts! We love you very much! Keep smiling.

Tita Lourd, Gen and Nem and Tito Dino

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Unknown said...

how are you Grif? I hope and pray that you are doing great and your counts are up. I hope you enjoy the cancer camp with Mom and Dad!

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Tita Lourdeline
Pasig City
Philippines

Unknown said...

Hi Grif,

How are you? I hope you are doing fine and I always think of you. We love you here in the Pinas.

Kamusta ka Gen said.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Unknown said...

HI Griffin,

How are you Mr. Little Fighter? Its been a while since I last log-in but it doesn't mean that you are out of my thoughts and prayers my dear. As always we are praying for you and for your siblings and for your mom and dad. I hope you are feeling great.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Tita Lourds
Pasig, Philippines

Unknown said...

Hi Griffin,

Just checking you in, hope and pray you are doing great. We miss you!

Tita Lourdeline

Unknown said...

Hi Griffin,

I hope you are doing fine. I believe that if there is no news it means good news. I hope you are enjoying your childhood this summer.

I love you.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/elishalacson

Tita Lourdeline